Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s German Research Center is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning.
The Huawei Optical and Quantum Communications Laboratory in Munich researches and develops signal processing, components and systems for fixed access, data center networks, metro and long-haul optical networks. The department engages in local research and collaborates with academic and industrial partners from the European ecosystem.
Now we are looking for a:
Photonic Components and Integrated Devices (PICs) Researcher (m/f/d)
- Research and design photonic components (lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers, photodiodes, modulators) for optical communication networks (access, data center, metro, long haul networks).
- Design and develop novel photonic integrated circuits (PICs) for optical communication networks and in particular for optical access, passive optical networks (PONs) and short reach applications.
- Characterize advanced photonic devices for optical communication systems for access networks.
- Modelling of photonic devices and integrated circuits for optical communications.
- Research new technologies and processes for photonic integration: monolithic (in III-V materials or Silicon Photonics), hybrid and heterogeneous.
- Closely cooperate with product development teams and transfer key device and photonic circuit designs to the product.
- Participate in academic conferences, publish and present latest research achievements in conferences or journals, such as OFC, ECOC, JLT, PTL, etc.
- PhD in Electrical or Electronic or Optoelectronic Engineering or in Applied Physics.
- Hands on experience and understanding of photonic devices characterization setups and methods.
- Experience on the characterization of photonic devices for optical access networks systems.
- Experience in the design and modeling of integrated photonic devices in III V materials or Silicon Photonics.
- Experience with photonic devices and circuits design and simulation tools (such as ADS, FIMMWAVE,IPKISS , Lumerical).
- Open mind, good communication and teamwork and good presentation skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.