Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
Now we are looking for a
Senior Engineer in Design & Testing of DC Breakers (m/f/d)
- Design of novel high speed DC breakers
- Rapid prototyping and hardware in the loop testing
- Contact system design and interruption tests under different conditions
- Product development and qualification tests
- You hold at least a Master (MSc.) in electrical engineering, physics, or any other relevant field
- Solid understanding of power electronics, and arc physics
- Experience in designing, testing, and commissioning of electrical breakers
- Good experience in CAD software, such as Solidworks
- Strong problem solving competence and a creative and analytical mind
- Very good English skills written and spoken (working language)
- Experience with programming languages such as C, Matlab, Plex, Python
- Good German skills, written and spoken
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.