Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 197,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Huawei’s Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. We recruit candidates who come to Munich and want to live and work in Munich.
The applied crypto team of Trustworthy Technology and Engineering Lab in Huawei Munich Research Center is developing applied crypto technologies, which is designed for supporting privacy and data protection. To support our research activities, we are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated PhD student in applied crypto technologies. The PhD student will contribute to the research and development of applied crypto technologies for future data security and secure AI system. The candidate has the opportunity to work on real world problems and improve data security of Huawei future’s products and services.
- Assess data security risks of target application scenarios
- Research on innovative algorithms in the field of applied crypto technologies
- Implement the proof of concept of innovative algorithms
- Publish research papers and technical reports at high ranked scientific conferences
- Improve data security engineering process as well as data security by design concept
- You have recently completed or will soon complete your master studies in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity, privacy, crypto, electrical engineering, or mathematics;
- You have research experience in data science, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence;
- You have demonstrated affinity with algorithm development;
- You have a passion for finding solutions for complex technological issues;
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- You are self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your project;
- You have good programming skill in Java, C，C++，R, Python
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.