Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer in technical insight and planning for Energy Business (m/f/d)
- Gain insight into energy industry technology development trends and identify mid- and long-term (3 to 5 years) and technical requirements for opportunities in new domains.
- Take charge of the technology planning of the research center, identify and carry out technology projects, and continuously lead the technical investment planning of the HQ.
- Develop medium- and long-term technical cooperation plans based on business strategies, optimize the cooperation layout with universities, institutes and establish a good collaboration and talent ecosystem.
- Output the technology insight report of the energy technology domain, including the analysis of the latest technology trends and achievements in the academic and industry.
- You hold a PhD or Master degree in power electronics / electrical, or semiconductor or automotive field, with profound experience in technology insight and planning.
- Good understanding of the latest developments in industry and academia in the field of digital power, major European research institutions, EU innovation projects, etc.
- Proven experience with new technology development initiatives and innovation as well as publications in reputed Journals.
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style, “can do” attitude, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box.
- Fluent in English written and spoken and ready for occasional business travels related to ongoing projects.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.