Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
Now we are looking for a
Intern in Power Electronics - Design of Electric Drives for High-Speed Electrical Machines (m/f/d)
- Development of a hardware in the loop (HIL) test setup
- Development of PCBs and necessary electronics and control system to operate the HIL
- Development of a robust optimization algorithm to run the HIL setup intelligently and optimize the setup directly on the hardware level
- Digital controller design and programming of micro controllers to prepare different test case scenarios to operate and test low voltage DC systems
- Report and documentation of R&D activities
- You are currently registered in a European University to undertake Master of Science (MSc) or an equivalent degree program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or any other similar fields
- Good theoretical understanding of power electronic converters and applications of power semiconductor devices
- Experience with power electronic converter analysis, design and knowledge of circuit simulation tools, such as PLECS, PSpice
- Previous experience with the design of hardware in the loop test systems is an advantage
- Good knowledge of programming languages such as Python and C combined with strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Fundamental knowledge of optimization algorithms
- Interest in power electronics, high level of motivation and self-reliance working style
- Very good English language skills, both written and spoken (working language)
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.