Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. As a member of our Hisilicon Wireless Terminal Chipset Technology Lab at our Munich Research Center (MRC) you will contribute to Huawei’s fascinating broad wireless product portfolio.
Now we are looking for a
Principal Wireless Modem R&D Engineer (m/f/d)
in architecture design and optimization of 5G/beyond 5G modem baseband chip.
- Architecture design and optimization of 5th generation modem baseband chip
- Beyond 5G modem baseband chip architecture study and exploration, including definition of processors for communication algorithms (scalar/vector processors), architecture definition for ML/AI-based communication algorithms, 5G air interface study and signal processing architecture etc., to meet the future modem requirements.
- Propose research directions and identify key next generation technologies
- Propose, lead and contribute to research projects with EU 3rd party partners
- Contribute to Huawei IPR portfolio
- Master/PhD degree in Communications, Signal Processing, Computer Science, Electronics, or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ work experiences in wireless communication
- In-depth knowledge of digital communication, signal processing and other technologies, solid theoretical foundation.
- Deep knowledge in physical layer specifications of 5G and beyond 5G standards
- Good C/C++ programming skills, good Python skills are a plus
- Skills in ML/AI algorithms and frameworks are a plus
- Experience with model-based system design and tools (e.g. SystemC) is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.