Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
Now we are looking for a
Senior Engineer in Motor Design (m/f/d)
- Development of Finite Element Method (FEM) models to design high-speed electrical machines
- Model and design of power electronic drives to control high-speed electrical machines
- Propose control algorithms to control the acceleration of high-speed electrical machines
- Implement and test the developed control algorithm and verify its effectiveness experimentally
- Master (MSc.) or PhD in electrical engineering with a speciality in electrical machines
- Solid understanding of core concepts in electrical machines, electrical drives, and power electronics
- Experience in developing high power electrical drives to control high-speed machines
- Experience with finite element analysis tools such as Ansys, Comsol and/or programming tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in designing and conducting experiments
- Strong problem solving competence and a creative and analytical mindset
- Very good English skills written and spoken (working language)
- Proficiency in CAD software especially in Solidworks is a plus
- Experience in ultra-fast actuators is a plus
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.