Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Power Semiconductor Application Engineer/Expert for Industrial Applications (m/f/d)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and formulate power semiconductor device and package relevant application engineering requirements for Industrial applications
- Support in technology roadmap development for next generation power semiconductor and Packaging for power conversion applications such as Solar PV, Data Center, UPS & BESS interface
- Lead and execute the research and development of Power Semiconductor devices & Package technology for power conversion applications
- Propose innovative solutions for DC/DC & DC/AC power conversion in industrial applications Lead the design and subsequent verification and validation of converter concepts in the R&D laboratories
- Work with external R&D Institutes and Universities in developing novel converter for power electronic applications relevant to Huawei Digital Power
- Generate novel ideas and protect them with IPR fillings
- Mentor and coach less experienced staff members
- You hold a PhD or Master degree in the field of power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering, physics or in a similar background in Research & Development
- Profound R&D experience in the field of power electronics, power semiconductor devices & packaging
- Good understanding of basic power electronic converter principles and multi-level converters, power semiconductor devices such as wide band gap devices
- Proven experience with new technology development initiatives and innovation as well as publications in reputed journals
- Good understanding of thermal and insulation requirements for power modules in high power applications is a plus
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style, “can do” attitude, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box
- Occasional travel related to ongoing projects, seminars, conferences etc
- Fluent in written and spoken English, willingness to learn German, additional languages are a plus
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.