Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s TTE RAMS Lab is a corporate competence center responsible for researching high reliability and high safety architecture as well as technologies for complex system; Our goal is to provide Huawei products with cutting-edge researches and advanced technical solutions on intelligent reliability and safety for carrier grade ICT and safety critical systems such as autonomous driving so that our products provide our customers with best user experiences and performance.
In the near future, vehicles, manufacturing plants, and other services are going to attain high levels of autonomy and intelligence. A main challenge towards achieving this goal is the efficient development of high quality dependability assurance for systems based on AI-components. Digital system engineering supported by dependability modeling and tooling will play an important role to address this challenge by:
(1) Analyzing the dependability of safety-critical functions and establishing dependability requirements both during design and during runtime;
(2) Ensuring the dynamic certification of safety critical functionalities in system run-time;
(3) Enabling the application of innovative reasoning principles and methods for establishing system dependability;
(4) Verifying and validating AI-based systems;
(5) Generating/collecting evidence for supporting the safety assurance of AI-based systems.
A successful applicant will conduct researches on, but not limited to, the above-mentioned challenges.
Now we are looking for a:
PHD student in Intelligent system digitalization and engineering (m/f/d)
• Investigation of current state-of-the-art research works of safety assurance of autonomous systems, identify and formalize detailed challenges and deficiency of investigated approaches.
• Conduct independent research of relevant topics with high technical priorities, publish and attend top conferences and journals.
• Work closely with a group of domain experts and researchers from both Huawei teams and academia from external research communities.
• Identify, initiate, manage collaborations with research institutions such as universities and other partners.
- Master degree in mathematics, computer science or related areas, solid publication records on top conferences and/or journals will be a plus.
- Modeling frameworks and languages for system dependability (GSN, SysML/UML, AUTOSAR, and other Domain Specific Languages).
- Dependability analysis techniques (e.g., FTAs, FMEAs, STPA) and dependability by design methodologies; In-depth knowledge of safety relevant standards, e.g., ISO 262622 and SOTIF.
- Safety assurance research experience including static and dynamic assurance cases analysis and generations including their evaluations during both design and runtime.
- Define the proper scopes and architectural concepts of digital platform by investigating and researching platforms on different architectural levels and in different industrial scenarios and use cases within Huawei and its partners for design space exploration.
- Advance methodological approaches by employing embedded case studies, design research, data-driven modelling and visualization techniques for AI applications, such as Smart Cars.
- Support the development of a distributed, scalable, modular, and intelligent AI safety digital platform to impact the development process of safe and reliable AI systems.
- Worldwide short-term travels are required.
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position.
- Fluent in English.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.