Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s TTE RAMS Lab is a corporate competence center responsible for researching high reliability and high safety architecture as well as technologies for complex system; Our goal is to provide Huawei products with cutting-edge researches and advanced technical solutions on intelligent reliability and safety for carrier grade ICT and safety critical systems such as autonomous driving so that our products provide our customers with best user experiences and performance.
As prevailing integration of intelligent components into practical real-world autonomous systems like robotics, autonomous driving with support of advancement of technologies such as machine learning and AI, there are major challenges regarding assurance of safety due to inherent shortcomings of AI such as explainability, robustness and reliability. Complexity of changing and often adversarial open operational environment of the system makes brittleness of intelligent components a major safety risk factor. To address this problem, our lab is looking for an industrial PhD candidate with following responsibilities. Successful candidate will conduct research in our lab and in close collaboration with academic advisors from top universities.
Now we are looking for a candidate for a:
Industrial PhD Position in Autonomous System Safety Assurance (m/f/d)
- Investigation of current state-of-the-art research works of safety assurance of autonomous systems, identify and formalize detailed challenges and deficiency of investigated approaches.
- Conduct independent research of relevant topics with high technical priorities, publish and attend top conferences and journals.
- Work closely with a group of domain experts and researchers from both Huawei teams and academia from external research communities.
- Identify, initiate, manage collaborations with research institutions such as universities and other partners.
- Successfully completed Master degree in Computer Science, E/E, Mathematics or other relevant engineering majors;
- Solid background in mathematics, esp. in linear algebra, statistics/probability, and possess in-depth knowledge of the theoretical foundations of machine learning;
- Deep understanding of current state-of-the-art approaches for Computer Vision and/or Motion Planning. Knowledgeable in the latest ML methods such transformer, diffusion model, confidence estimation and robust/reliability evaluations of ML models.
- Excellent programming skills and hands-on experience with main ML frameworks;
- Strong programming skill in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab, Rust, Julia;
- Experience and knowledge of system safety design or implementation would be a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position.
- Fluent in English.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.