Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Intelligent Cloud Technologies Laboratory in Munich research center drives the R&D activities in cloud enabled Data-Ecosystem. With a strong involvement in various research projects like Horizon Europe, Gaia-X and Catena-X at National and EU level. We are in close cooperation with universities and research institutes. The results obtained as part of the research work flow directly into our product development.
Now we are looking for a Senior Kubernetes Engineer for EU R&D projects (m/f/d).
This project is part of EU Horizon cofounded research projects. Focusing on developing a new AI-enabled Cloud-edge framework that will automatically and seamlessly adapt to the growing complexity and data deluge, by spanning the environment from core cloud to edge.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the overall deployment and operation of compute plane, built with Kubernetes, VOLCANO, SEDNA and PROMETHEUS components.
- Designing and deployment of project development environment based on Kubernetes and scaling from Cloud to Edge devices.
- Designing and integrating monitoring and performance evaluation components for the infrastructure using KubeEdge and PROMETHEUS.
- Integrating upper-layer APIs for automatic, seamless and secure scaling of underling infrastructure.
- Defining test applications and use case requirements.
- Integrating of AI Training and interface services using VOLCANO.
- MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Profound experience in designing, deploying and operating Kubernetes platforms including availability and performance monitoring.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Team-work spirit and independent working capability.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Nice to have
- Familiarty with KubeEdge, PROMETHEUS, VOLCANO and SEDANA would be a plus.
- Project management skills and experience in EU projects (e.g. Horizon 2020) would be a plus.
Contract time-length: 18 months to be performed full-time (the possibility of an extension will be evaluated).
What you can expect
- Meaningful work: Our products and solutions connect people in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
- Enormous investments in research, development and innovation: Huawei invests over 10% of its revenues in research and development, which enhances our competitiveness while driving industry and technology.
- Team spirit: At Huawei, we are proud of a strong social integration. Doors are open, and people collaborate with each other in a constructive and solution oriented manner.
- International work environment: Our business language is English and our team comprises unique experts from around 50 different countries.
- Robust growth across all business segments, thanks to balanced global presence and strategic focus.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.