Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Trustworthiness Technology and Engineering lab (TTE-DE) in Munich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning.
TTE-DE is looking for a PhD student to work on aspects related to digital and data sovereignty (m/f/d).
Digital sovereignty is a multi-dimensional concept that relates to the ability of an individual, or a state to govern the use of their digital assets accordioning to agreements and regulations. As such, the ideal candidate would preferably have background in some of the following topics: security, data governance, identity protocols, cloud protection, distributed ledgers, and/or usage control. The candidate will participate in Huawei’s internal sovereignty projects, and relevant European communities and projects.
Goal of the Project-PhD:
- Conduct research in novel security technologies related to digital sovereignty. This can include (but is not limited to) data protection architectures, data and usage control, accountability, privacy technologies and identity platforms;
- Advance the state-of-the-art and practice by contributing new solutions and prototypes in the above domains;
- Analyze the trustworthiness, and verification of compliance of the proposed solutions.
- Focus on identifying research gaps, targeting innovation opportunities, elicit requirements and contribute to feature/product development roadmaps;
- Work together with the R&D of Product teams in order to impart innovation into new product;
- Contribute to the implementation of proof of concept prototypes of solutions proposed to tackle research gaps.
- A master degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related fields;
- Exposure and understanding of data protection and security development technologies;
- Passion about secure software, and systems architecture and engineering;
- Ability to combine conceptual thinking with strong technical skills;
- Interest or expertise in at least one of the aforementioned technology areas;
- Strong programming skills in any of the popular languages e.g., C, C++, Python, Java, Go…etc.;
- Self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your project;
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position;
- Fluency in English.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.