Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Munich Research Center (MRC) is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning.
Now we are looking for a:
Working Student for Industrial IoT Prototyping (m/f/d)
As working student, you will be responsible for embedded software development and integration tasks to help building a prototyping platform for next-gen Industrial IoT applications. Together with experts of the Smart Manufacturing team within the Applied Network Technology Lab, you will learn about state-of-the-art technology for Industrial IoT / Industry 4.0 including hardware-software codesign, deterministic networking, and edge intelligence.
- Integrate different software components for a modular prototype platform for Industrial IoT / Industry 4.0
- Conduct unit and integration tests, ideally through continuous integration/DevOps (GitLab)
- Develop embedded Linux and FreeRTOS demonstrator applications
- Collaborate with other developers and technology experts
- 5th semester or higher enrolled in engineering or computer science university program
- Hands-on development experience on Linux and embedded systems (BeagleBone/RPi – MCU a plus)
- Very good programming skills in C/C++ (ARM cross-compile toolchain) and scripting (Python, shell, …)
- Experience with networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP stack) and interfaces (GPIOs, UART, SPI)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team-work spirit as well as independent working capability
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Note. When applying, please submit your updated curriculum as well as a cover letter. The cover letter should indicate your experience and skills related to this position, and explain the reasons you have decided to apply for it. Please note that the position in based in Munich.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.