Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products!
Recently, we established an automotive business unit with a fascinating automotive product portfolio. Our activities include strong dedication on pure in-house development, from sensors and ECUs (especially high-end computing platforms) all the way to end-to-end Automated Driving solutions.
Our Automotive Engineering Lab (AEL) supports Huawei’s automotive product development in two ways:
- Perform research and development pushing the state-of-the-art on safety technologies to support the automotive ACES paradigm (Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared)
- Support safety engineering activities of automotive product development teams working on the cutting-edge systems and components of our portfolio
Now we are looking for an:
Automotive Safety Technical Leader (m/f/d)
As the leader of AEL safety team, you will be a key player in in shaping the safety technology and research strategy of AEL and Huawei’s automotive division. Be ready for the most relevant and exciting safety challenges in the automotive market!
- Develop cutting-edge insights in automotive safety technologies, author reports on current industry state and trends and develop mid/long-term technology roadmaps for AEL
- Work with Huawei executives to drive the safety strategy of the automotive division, strengthen the safety culture and highlight the importance of safety across the organization
- Build, lead and manage a cross-cultural safety team in AEL with motivated experts in functional safety, SOTIF, software architecture and AD/ADAS technologies
- Lead research and development projects focusing on crucial safety technologies for automated driving, chassis and vehicle motion control solutions, ranging from system level down to component level, considering challenges of both hardware (e.g. microcontroller architecture, fault metrics) and software (e.g. service-oriented architecture, data-driven approaches, freedom from interference and consolidation)
- Research and develop cost-effective and efficient safety engineering and safety analysis methods, not only ensuring traditional functional safety but also addressing safety challenges of emerging automotive technologies
- Build academic and industry cooperation within Europe and fully leverage the safety advantage of the German automotive industry and safety expertise
- Degree in Automotive Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent system/software engineering experience. Master or higher degree is a plus
- Profound experience in automotive safety engineering, including ISO26262, IEC61508, ISO21448, and product development
- Deep knowledge of AD/ADAS technologies, system architectures, safety challenges and solutions
- Proven track record and profound experience as technical leader and engineering manager with remarkable delivery track record and successfully launched programs
- Disruptive and innovative mindset to bring forth successful businesses, enthusiastic to work as part of our distributed, multi-cultural and international team
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German and/or Chinese language knowledge are an advantage
- Willing to travel abroad (up to 25% of time)
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.