Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. As a member of our Hisilicon Wireless Terminal Chipset Technology Lab at our Munich Research Center (MRC) you will contribute to Huawei’s fascinating broad wireless product portfolio.
Now we are looking for a
PhD Student in Self-Interference Cancellation for Joint Communication and Sensing (m/f/d)
Self-interference cancellation is a well explored topic within the scope of full duplex, however, new challenges are introduced when considering joint communication and sensing because of the high correlation of target signal with the self-interference signal. The PhD candidate will support our team and activities to shape the future modem design. The main responsibilities will include investigating and addressing introduced research challenges by using state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms in conjunction with the machine and deep learning algorithms. This position will require candidate to register as a PhD student at one of the participating Universities in Germany. The work location will be the Huawei’s Munich Research Center, Germany.
- Investigate state-of-the-art methods used for self-interference cancellation and find new solutions providing improved performance and reduced computation complexity for the application of joint communication and sensing
- Exploit machine and deep learning algorithms for further system improvement
- Develop a demonstration to show the potential of newly proposed solutions
- Publish your achievements in the form of patents and research publications
- M.Sc. or equivalent in a related subject area, e.g., electrical engineering, telecommunications, computer science, informatics
- In-depth knowledge of advanced mobile communication systems and physical layer signal processing
- At least basic knowledge of machine and deep learning algorithms
- Excellent programming skills (Matlab, Python, C/C++, GNU Radio)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
Beneficial additional qualifications:
- Knowledge about LTE and/or NR standards.
- Knowledge in modelling of linear/non-linear effect in RF
- Knowledge in baseband signal processing and receiver algorithm design.
- German and/or Chinese language proficiency.
What to Submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts showing grades of all the B.Sc./M.Sc. exams and a link to the M.Sc. thesis
- Research statement (max. 2 pages) showing motivation and understanding of the topic of the position, and the reason of joining us and pursuing a PhD
- Contact information of 2 persons who could act as references
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- Have the opportunity to be involved in the development of cutting-edge modem products
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center
together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!