Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The Advanced Wireless Technologies Lab (AWTL) is responsible for research activities towards the definition and development of mobile network technologies and communication systems for vertical industries. AWTL has been engaging with multiple research and standardization activities, including participating to European Commission funded research projects of Horizon 2020 framework, contributing to industrial communication fora as 5G-AA, 5G-ACIA, transferring technologies to standardization bodies like 3GPP, ETSI, GSMA, NGMN, and developing in-house experimental platforms, prototypes and proof of concepts on wireless and networking technologies. Recently, AWTL focus has shifted to next generation (6G) wireless networks and technologies, towards 2030.
Now we are looking for a:
6G Physical Layer Radio Research Engineer (m/f/d)
You will play a key role for 6G physical layer research and in particular will focus on integrated sensing and communications (ISAC), advanced localization techniques and other related 6G technologies within a team of highly experienced researchers.
- Researcher in physical layer research team
- Develop advanced techniques for ISAC, localization and other related 6G technologies
- Contribute to development of new inventions and IPRs
- Contribute towards simulations and in-depth performance analysis
- Assist in technology discussions and cooperations with external industry and academic partners
- Actively participate in EU and national research projects and / or to relevant standards bodies (i.e. 3GPP).
- Ph.D. in Telecommunications or Wireless Communications
- Experience in 5G research and/or standardization
- Demonstrated research capability (i.e. from leading edge publications or patent submissions)
- Excellent understanding of traditional physical layer techniques
- Good understanding of AI and machine learning
- Basic understanding of higher layer protocols
- Expert understanding of at least one of the following:
- Integrated sensing and communications (ISAC)
- Advanced localization schemes (e.g. cooperative techniques, AI based techniques etc.)
- Passion for finding solutions for complex technological issues
- Excellent team work and capability to work in an international and multi/interdisciplinary team
- Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starting, self-motivating and willingness to take initiative and the responsibilities for your research
- Good programming skills in Matlab, C, and/or Python.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.