Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
Our research team is currently focused on the development of Reinforcement Learning (RL) algorithms for legged robots (quadrupeds). The target system where the developed algorithms are deployed is a robotic system coupled with an Ascend processor. To enable a smooth execution of these RL algorithms in the target system, there are some challenges that need to be addressed accordingly. For instance, we must ensure that the algorithms are correctly deployed in the target system and that the performance of key operators are highly optimized (required for real-time purposes) for the Ascend processor.
From this perspective, we are currently looking for an intern who will work on the deployment pipeline of RL algorithms on the development of optimized operators for Ascend.
Now we are looking for a:
PhD Intern for Enabling Reinforcement Learning for Robotics (m/f/d)
- During the internship you will contribute to the frontend research in Artificial Intelligence
- Contribute to the development of an efficient deployment pipeline of RL algorithms for a quadruped robot
- Contribute to the development of custom operators for computer vision (such as feature detection/extraction/matching; pose solving…) involved in robotics, and targeting Huawei’s Ascend architecture
- Benchmark, analyze and optimize the performance of operators
- Publish research outcomes in form of scientific publications and open-source code repositories
- Work with a team of experienced researchers on challenges imposed by next-generation AI models
- Outreach to local and international research community
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Good understanding of state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Basic knowledge in algorithms for robotics
- Experience with ROS, Gazebo, IsaacGym, and related software tools for robotics is an advantage
- Experience in low-level performance optimization targeting hardware accelerators is an advantage
- Essential knowledge in hardware and computer architecture
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.