Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Keywords: OpenStack, Infrastructure as a code, Backend developer, API, cloud service provision, Cloud native deployment
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. Intelligent Cloud Technologies Laboratory in particular drives the R&D in cloud performance and cloud enabled Data-Ecosystem.
Open Services Cloud (OSC) is newly formed Eclipse foundation working group, revolutionizing the cloud market for the software vendors. This open source framework will allow software vendors to offer their software as managed service on any cloud seamlessly. Huawei is a founding member of OSC. To enhance this project team further, we are looking for a Lead Cloud Architect / Engineer.
- You will be part of a growing team mandated to coordinate research and innovation in future technologies and new cloud services and solutions.
- You will be responsible for technological decisions, architecture and software development in OSC project.
- You will build and demonstrate the deployments on multi-cloud architecture and lead the building of testbed environments for the same.
- You will co-author technical specifications, scientific publications, white-papers and other technical documentation.
- You will work in partnership with external partners like research institutes, universities, as well as with different Huawei teams in Europe and in China.
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field; or equivalent and relevant experience. Cloud/OpenStack certification preferred
- Proven experience in OpenStack/DevOps, OpenStack core services (Nova, Horizon, Neutron, Keystone, Cinder) and APIs.
- Very good understanding and experience working with Cloud APIs
- Practical experience in Automation - Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack or other IT automation tools
- Experience working in open source projects preferred.
- Self-driven, able to lead team work and take ownership of projects and responsibilities.
- Empathetic and communicative person, who enjoys working in collaborative projects, in international and multicultural environments.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
What you can expect
- Meaningful work: Our products and solutions connect people in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
- Enormous investments in research, development and innovation: Huawei invests over 10% of its revenues in research and development, which enhances our competitiveness while driving industry and technology.
- Team spirit: At Huawei, we are proud of a strong social integration. Doors are open, and people collaborate with each other in a constructive and solution oriented manner.
- International work environment: Our business language is English and our team comprises unique experts from around 50 different countries.
- Robust growth across all business segments, thanks to balanced global presence and strategic focus.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.