Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Keywords: Gaia-X, Data-Ecosystem, Dataspaces, Self-Sovereign Identity, Service Description, Distributed Service Catalogue, Automated service discovery, verifiable self-compliance and certification
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. Intelligent Cloud Technologies Laboratory in particular drives the R&D in cloud performance and cloud enabled Data-Ecosystem.
For our fast growing Intelligent Cloud Technologies Lab, we are seeking a highly motivated:
Lead Researcher – Data Ecosystems (m/f/d)
- You will be part of a growing team mandated to coordinate research and innovation in future technologies and new cloud services and solutions.
- You will be responsible for research beyond the state-of-art, introducing new ideas and approaches, as well as innovative systems, services, applications and solutions, that drive value in the market and to Huawei.
- You will lead and supervise R&D work on funded national and international projects, e.g. Horizon Europe, GAIA-X and Lighthouse projects like Catena-X.
- You will co-author technical specifications, scientific publications, white-papers and other technical documentation in different working groups.
- You will be responsible for project proposal, specifications and deliverables, ensuring technical feasibility and business relevance for Huawei.
- You will work in partnership with external partners like research institutes, universities, as well as with different Huawei teams in Europe and in China.
- PhD or Master in ICT domains related to smart systems and digital transformation solutions, e.g. cloud, data, self-sovereign identity, or other related domains.
- Experience working in cooperative technical projects, like open source initiatives, standardization organizations and associations.
- Track record of peer reviewed papers and other scientific publications presenting your research work.
- Self-driven, able to lead team work and take ownership of projects and responsibilities.
- Empathetic and communicative person, who enjoys working in collaborative projects, in international and multicultural environments.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English. An additional European language is a plus.
What you can expect
- Meaningful work: Our products and solutions connect people in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
- Enormous investments in research, development and innovation: Huawei invests over 10% of its revenues in research and development, which enhances our competitiveness while driving industry and technology.
- Team spirit: At Huawei, we are proud of a strong social integration. Doors are open, and people collaborate with each other in a constructive and solution oriented manner.
- International work environment: Our business language is English and our team comprises unique experts from around 50 different countries.
- Robust growth across all business segments, thanks to balanced global presence and strategic focus.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.