Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Principal Engineer in Energy Storage System (m/f/d)
- Responsible for the development of Energy Storage System control, management and optimisation algorithms and functions (e.g. virtual power plant, energy price forecasting, or Faulty detection for BESS)
- Analyse and solve serious technical problems in the current products, and help the design team to improve their overall ability
- Work with data scientists to develop advanced Machine Learning (ML) algorithm, used in energy price forecasting and support renewable energy to be better connected to the grid
- Research and investigate the latest advanced algorithm and model, continuously update and optimise the current technique, apply the technique to the design, application and monitoring of the storage system algorithm
- Establish the standard for the software/algorithm development, and be responsible for the development performance in the process, quality, and cost minimisation. Work with external R&D Institutes and Universities in order to develop novel algorithms, model and functions.
- Generate novel ideas and protect them with IPR fillings
- You hold a PhD or alternative a Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering
- Profound experience in Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) product development, familiar with the battery energy storage, and energy industries.
- You have profound experience with system design experience and experience in development of big data prediction algorithms, BMS algorithms, or machine algorithms, and form available products.
- Familiar with generating probabilistic time series forecasting using Machine learning (ML) or traditional techniques and strong technical innovation and cross-domain project collaboration capabilities, technical team management experience is preferred
- Willing to travel within the Europe and internationally (mainly China)
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language), willingness to learn German, additional languages are a plus. Good communication skills and multi-cultural environment adaptability
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterised by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.