Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The European Intellectual Property (IP) Department is a full-function IPR Department responsible for all intellectual property matters in Europe for Huawei. It supports protection of cutting-edge technologies generated by Huawei’s talented researchers in 26 Research and Development Centers in Europe, Russia, and Israel, as well as other aspects of portfolio management, including but not limited to patent prosecution, litigation, licensing, and other business cooperation.
Now we are looking for an
European Patent Attorney (m/f/d)
- Implementing Huawei’s global patent portfolio management strategy in Europe
- Managing wireless/cellular patent portfolio, including preparing, filing, and prosecuting of patent applications, in close cooperation with inventors, in-house colleagues and outside counsels, as well as reviewing and evaluating invention disclosures, claim charts, and patent applications/patents for commercialization
- Supporting and integrating patent and technology licensing and litigation activities
- Performing freedom-to-operate assessments and developing patent risk mitigation strategies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering/telecommunication, computer science, physics or a closely related field
- Partly qualified European patent attorney, a further European national patent attorney qualification would be a plus
- Profound experience in an in-house patent department would be a plus.
- Open-minded and willing to collaborate and being keen to be challenged in a fast-paced commercial environment within a multinational team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (legal English), German is a plus
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.