Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The Advanced Wireless Technologies Lab (AWTL) is responsible for research activities towards the definition and development of mobile network technologies and communication systems for vertical industries. AWTL has been engaging with multiple research and standardization activities, including participating to European Commission funded research projects of Horizon 2020 framework, contributing to industrial communication fora as 5G-AA, 5G-ACIA, transferring technologies to standardization bodies like 3GPP, ETSI, GSMA, NGMN, and developing in-house experimental platforms, prototypes and proof of concepts on wireless and networking technologies. Recently, AWTL focus has shifted to next generation (6G) wireless networks and technologies, towards 2030.
Now we are looking for a:
Principal Research Expert of beyond 5G / 6G Research in Vertical Industry Sectors (m/f/d)
You will play the leading role in for beyond-5G / 6G research and you will work in a team with experienced researchers as well as experts of industry organization leadership teams.
- Contribute to internal strategic R&D roadmap; identify key technology trends (especially in vertical industries) which are relevant for next generation mobile communication system design.
- Lead partnership cooperation related activities, e.g. research project proposal writing, project management, technical content contribution, etc.
- Responsibility of participating global industry organizations (especially vertical industry related) as key delegates (e.g. work program proposal and contribution).
- Drive the internal technical contribution as well as external technology discussion with industry and academic partners.
- Responsibility to supervise master and PhD students.
- PhD or equivalent in a related subject area, e.g. telecommunication, computer science, informatics, etc.
- Extensive industry experience in industrial communication field with telecommunication background.
- Extensive knowledge in industrial communication technologies, e.g. ProfiNet, EtherCat, OPC UA, TSN.
- In-depth knowledge in mobile communication system (e.g. 5G, 5G-Advanced, 6G)
- In-depth knowledge on network technology, system architecture design, technology integration.
- Extensive experience with partnership cooperation in cutting-edge technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of English in communication, writing.
- Excellent cooperation skill and capability to work in an international and multi/interdisciplinary team.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.