Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
Now we are looking for a:
Battery Modeling Simulation Engineer (m/f/d)
- In the field of Battery modeling your responsibilities include at least one of the following:
- 1. Research on mechanical-electrical-thermal Multiphysics modeling, and research on multiscale modeling
- 2. Model-based framework for predicting the ageing process of batteries and expansion force, or studying of inhomogeneous and nonlinear aging behavior
- 3. Trade-offs between accuracy and computational complexity for battery models
- 4. Battery energy storage system modeling, including investigation of intrinsic cell-to-cell variations
- 5. Definition and method to calculate the state of safety for lithium-ion batteries, study of thermal runaway processes
- You are in charge to provide insights into advanced electrochemical energy storage technologies and resource expansion
- Track the academic frontiers and research trends of electrochemical energy storage technologies in Europe, and help Huawei maintain the advancement of research
- Expand high-quality cooperation resources in Europe and help Huawei maintain long-term and good cooperation relationships with Universities
- You pursue or hold a PhD degree in either energy-storage, material science, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry, vehicle engineering, control science and engineering, electrochemistry or in any related field
- Able to independently build the electrochemical model for batteries (either cell or pack)
- Research on safe-related or degradation behavior of battery models
- Be proficient with at least one of the following tools: COMSOL, MATLAB, ABAQUS, Battery Design Studio, Star CCM+, etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language)
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.