Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The Audiovisual Technology Team in Huawei’s German Research Center in Munich is responsible for advanced media technology research, system solution/ algorithm/ software architecture design and strategic technical planning. The team goal is to enable ordinary consumers to create masterpieces. This Team will play a leading role in researching new audio and video technology and delivering specific solutions for next generation products including mobile devices, cloud services, IOT, etc. Special attention is paid to development technologies for immersive media content (XR, VR, AR). You will contribute to these activities being inserted into an international and experienced team of researchers.
Now we are looking for a:
Intern for immersive signal processing (m/f/d)
This is a fixed-term position as intern for 6 months.
- Participate in research and development immersive media technologies, including XR and HDR.
- Develop signal processing algorithms (including those based on AI)
- Conduct viewing tests for technologies developed for XR and HDR, analyze potential pain points, suggest solutions
- Access complexity and develop low complexity algorithms for mobile applications
- Train AI-based algorithms
- You are enrolled as a master student in majors including but not limited to the following: electrical engineering, information technology, computer science, mathematics or physics
- Good software skills - Python or other scripting language experience (bash or/and perl or/and ruby), C/C++
- You have strong interest in topics related to video coding, video processing and artificial intelligence
- You enjoy working in a team and you like to collaborate with researchers to develop creative solutions
- Understanding basic principle of CNN structure and training (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras) in the field of image and video processing
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), German language is a plus
- Experience with conventional image (JPEG) or video codec (HEVC, VVC) is a plus
- Familiar with develop tools such as git, visual studio code, ffmpeg, etc. is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.