Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer in Thermal Management (m/f/d)
- You will be responsible for the requirement analysis and architecture design of thermal management systems, in addition you will lead the decision making of thermal management technology solutions and product management
- In charge of defining the key architecture elements of thermal management systems, issue the system architecture design specification, identifying the DFX objectives of products and key components in the architecture design
- Be responsible for the competitiveness of each DFX attribute related to thermal management system
- Lead and issue the strategic technology planning of thermal management system, identify key technologies, proactively layout and build the next-generation technology competitiveness of thermal management system
- Lead the construction of the technical ecology in this field, integrate the end-to-end technical advantages of the industry chain through traction technology cooperation’s, consultants, industry standards etc. to build the competitiveness of the industry chain
- You hold a PhD degree in mechanical or thermal engineering or in a similar major
- Profound work experience related to thermal management system design and application
- Proficient in mainstream thermal management systems in the industry, including but not limited to the whole vehicle thermal management, ICT-related product thermal management and energy storage thermal management systems
- You have made major contributions in standards, patents/core technologies, specifications, new platforms, new tools and new methods in thermal management related fields
- Knowledge in engineering thermal physics, refrigeration and fluid mechanics related majors. Familiar with thermal management technology with successful design application experience
- Have the ability to foresee trends of thermal management industries. You are able to lead the design and technical verification of new thermal management systems and you are able to ensure the implementation of new technical solutions
- Proficient in mainstream thermal management system design methods and thermal system simulation, proficient in the selection of key components and thermal system control strategy
- In-depth understanding of industry development trends and the ability to analyze and layout patents
- Fluent in written and spoken English, additional languages are a plus. Willingness to travel within Europe and globally (mainly China)
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.