Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer in Liquid cooling System (m/f/d)
- In your role you will be in charge of leading technically the liquid cooling system design, optimization, component integration, liquid system control, and design for reliability, liquid enhanced heat dissipation optimization, and quality control. In addition you will be in charge of the system faulty detection, and for providing competitive liquid cooling solutions for products
- Analyze and solve severe technical issue for current products, and help the design team to improve their overall competitiveness
- Responsible for liquid cooling strategy planning, gain insight into the latest trends in the field. Sourcing of latest technologies in advance, focus on crucial research areas and reserve advanced technologies for future product applications
- Innovation of liquid cooling systems for higher product performance, and arrangement of patent portfolio
- Cooperate with external R&D institutes and universities to develop novel liquid cooling technologies
- Identify the weaknesses of the team and improve the research capabilities
- You hold a Master degree or higher in mechanical engineering or in a similar major
- Experience with developing at least one type of liquid cooling system. Familiar with the design and its characteristics of different types of liquid cooling systems, including performance, cost model, system integration, key components and evolution trends
- Proficient in capacity baselines and design criteria of cooling plate, direct cooling, immersed cooling, and jet impingement cooling. Familiar with principles of choosing single-phase and two-phase liquid cooling.
- Familiar with liquid cooling analysis and simulation tools. As well as with the reliability design methods and standards
- Ability to gain insight into the latest trends and exploit state of the art technology for liquid cooling components and system applications
- You have either previous cooperation experience or you are familiar with top resources of systems and components of liquid cooling, and participate in the formulation of relevant standards
- Experience in liquid cooling system operation and maintenance and on-site problem solving is preferred
- Good communication skills and multi-cultural environment adaptability
- Fluent in written and spoken English, additional languages are a plus; Willing to travel within Europe, Japan and internationally (mainly China)
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.