Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer in Phase Change Heat Transfer (m/f/d)
- You will lead as a technical expert in the area of state of art Phase Change Heat Transfer technologies. This includes heat pipe, LTS, LHP, VC, PHP and other phase change components, you are in charge of improving the overall ability through higher performance phase change technologies
- Build technological competence for design, simulation, characterization, manufacture and testing for phase change component. Obtain relevant structure processing parameters to provide great support for the advanced research and future processing and applications
- You will be responsible for Phase Change Heat Transfer planning, gain insight into the latest trends in the field. Source latest technologies in advance, focus on crucial research areas and reserve advanced technologies for future product applications
- Analyze and solve severe technical issue for current products, and help the design team to improve their overall competitiveness
- Innovate Phase Change Heat Transfer systems to achieve higher product performance, and strategy plan for patent portfolio
- Cooperate with external R&D institutes and universities to develop novel phase change heat transfer technologies
- You hold a Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a similar major. A PhD degree would be a plus
- Profound work experience in Phase Change Heat Transfer technology research and development. Proficient in the technique principles, design, simulation, optimization, industry supply chain resources and technological capabilities
- Proficient in the technical suitability of different phase change components including evaporative cooling, gravity driven cooling, capillary driven cooling
- Familiar with medium evaluation and reliability standards for different design and application conditions. And ability to develop corresponding reliability application standards for product requirements
- Experience with application of phase change components or systems for mass production
- Ability to gain insight into the latest trends and exploit state of the art technology for phase change heat transfer components and system applications
- You have either previous cooperation experience or you are familiar with top resources of systems and components of phase change heat transfer
- Good communication skills and multi-cultural environment adaptability
- Fluent in written and spoken English, additional languages are a plus. Willing to travel within the Europe and internationally (mainly China)
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Nuremberg Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.