Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center
is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
Virtualization is a key technology that enables modern data center to be operated in an elastic and cost-efficient manner. In the post-Moore era, when performance growth cannot sustain due to semiconductor technology slow-down, new computing architectures such as non-volatile memory, disaggregated fabric, heterogeneous multi-processing…etc. are emerging in data center, which suggests us to also redefine the virtualization stack.
You will be working in a very innovative team and mentored by virtualization experts, having the opportunity to participate and contribute to various R&D projects.
Now we are looking for an: Intern - Next Generation Virtualization Technology
- Assist research work on current and future trends in virtualization technology.
- Track technical trends worldwide in virtualization and cloud; deliver technical insight report.
- Participate in the design and development of proof of concepts, demonstrators, and testbeds.
- Investigate and prototype new techniques in next-generation virtualization technology.
- Master in computer science or other domain-related disciplines.
- Proficient in C/C++ and system-level programming.
- Scripting language and open source toolchains.
- Experienced in Linux kernel and virtualization with QEMU/KVM.
- Motivation for technical challenges.
- Team player, excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
What you can expect
- Meaningful work: Our products and solutions connect people in over 170 countries, serving more than one-third of the world’s population.
- International work environment: Our business language is English and our team comprises unique experts from around 50 different countries.
- Robust growth across all business segments, thanks to balanced global presence and strategic focus.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.