Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Dresden Research Centre (DRC) is responsible for advancing technical research under the key areas of Smart Mobile, Telecom, Autonomous Driving, Internet of Things, and Industry 4.0. The research and development at DRC focuses on Operating Systems (OS), concurrent system software, and the interaction between software and modern hardware architectures. Topics of interest include microkernel and hypervisor development, formal verification of concurrent software, and innovative technologies for the Linux kernel. Many of the DRC results have been published at top tier conferences such as ASPLOS and SOSP.
As DRC is seeing a rapid growth, we are looking for researchers and engineers in one or more key areas mentioned above, to support the teams in continuing to deliver the best results for the company and outside. Positions are available for several experience levels (e.g., junior, senior).
 VSync by Oberhauser et al., ASPLOS’21, distinguished paper award:
 CLoF by Chehab et al., SOSP’21:
Now we are looking for a:
Linux Kernel Senior Engineer (m/f/d)
- Explore, analyze, and advance the state-of-the-art of OS technologies and system software, especially those integrated in the Linux kernel
- Integrate into the DRC research roadmap the requirements of Huawei products in terms of performance, scalability, and reliability
- Design, implement, and evaluate new or existing technologies, providing prototypes to the product teams
- Brainstorm in team discussions, present designs and results, provide guidance for the teams to make the solutions a reality
- Provide substantial contribution to the Linux kernel and related projects, consolidating and enhancing Huawei's position in the major OS and system communities
- Masters degree in computer science or a related field
- Solid knowledge of the C programming language, knowledge of Python, Rust and Go will be considered a plus
- Experience in kernel development and debugging
- Familiarity with Linux environment, command line, remote shell, scripting and collaboration tools
- Familiarity with the mainstream CPU architectures X86 / ARM will be considered a plus
- Deeper understanding of the Linux kernel internals will be considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in multicultural and distributed teams
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Dresden Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.
Possible Work Locations:
- Dresden (Germany)
- Munich (Germany)