Huawei is a leading telecom solutions provider. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom network infrastructure, application & software, and professional services and devices. With comprehensive strengths in wireline, wireless and IP technologies, Huawei has gained a leading position in the All-IP convergence age. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world's population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people's lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei’s Vienna Research Center is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning.
Now we are looking for a
Technical Director of the Magnetic Innovation Technology Laboratory (m/f/d)
- Drive the innovation of Huawei’s magnetic technology and be responsible for magnetic technology planning, delivery, sharing and ensuring future competitiveness.
- Provide insight into the technology trends of the industry and academia, form long-term strategic partnerships with strategic technology resources both within the industry and academia to build an outstanding technology ecology and industrial environment.
- Expand the business scope to include other relevant magnetic technologies such as camera magnetic, speaker magnetic, mobile phone Shielded magnetic, SMC motor magnetic, and antenna magnetic.
- Lead through deep knowledge of all soft magnetic materials (i.e. amorphous powder, nanocrystalline powder, ferrite, etc.) and bring a deep theoretical research basis for magnetic materials.
- Utilize material analysis methods such as MFM analysis, X-ray diffraction (XRD), and atomic force microscopy (AFM).
- Continuously optimize the team structure, acquire the leading experts and advantageous teams of magnetic technology, and form a talent echelon for sustainable development in the future.
- Explore new collaboration opportunities within Europe and China and continually support with new ideas and drive successful future partnerships.
- University degree ideally Master or PhD.
- Solid theoretical research or industrial background to guide the development of magnetic materials.
- Strong technical knowledge in the field of magnetic components.
- Significant working experience with magnetic materials, especially soft magnetic material
- Proven experience in designing high frequency magnetic device of MHz level.
- Experience in leading experts with power component design background and demonstrate insights to generate profound ideas and influence in the magnetic field.
- Willingness to drive the team towards excellence in magnetic technologies to achieve challenging business targets and aspirations.
- Fluent in English in written and spoken, German/Chinese is a plus.
- Business travels 20%, mainly in Europe.
This is a permanent contract.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Austrian Research Center in Vienna together with us, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is one of our missions. Join us!