Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, IT Devices Smart Phone and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 197,000 employees, approximately 80,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 21 R&D Centers and 36 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future faster.
Huawei Munich Research Center (MRC) is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. Huawei’s TTE RAMS Lab is a corporate competence center responsible for researching high reliability and high safety architecture as well as technologies for complex system; Our goal is to provide Huawei products with cutting-edge researches and advanced technical solutions on intelligent reliability and safety for carrier grade ICT and safety critical systems such as autonomous driving so that our products provide our customers with best user experiences and performance.
To ensure the safety of autonomous driving systems, intended functionalities of autonomous vehicles must be validated and verified through rigorous and systematic processes such as those defined by ISO21448 - Safety of the Intended Functionalities (SOTIF), which includes specification of systems, analysis of SOTIF-related hazards, define V&V strategies, identification of functional insufficiencies and potential foreseeable human misuses, finally find measures to eliminate or reduce residual risks.
To strengthen our team on the research of safety for intended functionalities of autonomous driving systems, we are looking for a senior expert with following responsibilities:
- Composing research plans and strategy for verification and validation of SOTIF related functionalities and supporting processes;
- Conducting research in SOTIF related technologies, such as simulation based testing, scenario generation for explorations for unknown unsafe cases, verification of planning/sensing/actuating and integrated SOTIF safety;
- Investigating potential human misuses of autonomous driving function, e.g. using driver models;
- Considering both safety and security issues for assessment of intended functionalities;
- Researching and investigating SOTIF relevant engineering methodologies and tool landscape to support SOTIF processes;
- Participating and supporting key SOTIF related international standardization efforts;
- Working closely with internal product teams to establish SOTIF related processes and implement research results in actual products;
- PhD degree in vehicle engineering, computer science or related areas with solid publication records on top conferences and/or journals;
- Expert level knowledge and practical experience/participation with international standards such as ISO 21448, ISO P4804, UL4600, ISO 26262 etc.;
- 5+ years of work experience in automotive industry such as OEM, Tier 1, preferably in autonomous driving related areas;
- Research and development experiences in AI based autonomous driving systems or components, familiarity with conventional and state-of-the-art AI algorithms applied in autonomous driving;
- Deep insights on research trends and directions of SOTIF related technologies and supporting engineering and tooling landscapes;
- Modeling frameworks and languages for system dependability (e.g. GSN) and dependability analysis techniques (e.g., FTAs, FMEAs, STPA) and dependability by design methodologies;
- Worldwide short-term travels are required
- Fluent both in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.