Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
For the Huawei Cloud and IT R&D team in our Munich Research Center we are looking for a:
Chief Engineer – High-Performance Computing and Distributed System (m/f/d)
Huawei’s Munich Research Center (MRC) is responsible for applied research, advanced technical innovation, architecture design and strategic technology planning. The team on High-Performance Enterprise Intelligence in MRC is looking for a candidate to R&D on a high-performance distributed system to simulate Chinese mega-scale cities (starting from traffic). The position is unique in the European hi-tech ecosystem as it offers the opportunity for performing cutting-edge research, designing and developing cloud-based distributed system to support city-scale high performance simulation in an international corporate setup, as part of an agile and multicultural team of experts in different disciplines and in cooperation with top European and Global academic partners.
The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in distributed systems and parallel processing to improve and contribute to a metropolis-scale distributed city simulator.
- Hands-on research and supervise research for optimizing performance of a highly parallel distributed simulation engine for processing metropolis-scale scenarios.
- Lead and directly contribute to the efficiency of data management, communication, processing, and analytics.
- Define and run benchmarks and evaluations to analyze the impact of novel communication and processing strategies.
- Patent and publish innovations in the field of large scale traffic simulations and systems.
- PhD in computer science or related domains (MSc is sufficient with strong experience)
- Extensive experience with high-performance, parallel and distributed computing frameworks
- Proficiency in advanced C++ features, concurrent/parallel processing (thread, process, distributed; synchronization techniques; consistency models)
- Experience with low-level optimizations and optimized parallel/non-blocking data structures
- Experience with performance analysis of parallel and distributed systems
- Experience in one of MPI, OpenMP or other frameworks for parallel data or event processing
- Research experience with some publication record in the area of interest is a plus
- Experience with Asian business culture would be a plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.