Huawei is a leading provider of information and communications solutions. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established highly-competitive end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people's lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei German Research Center in Munich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. The Cyber Security and Privacy Lab is developing cutting-edge technologies, which are designed for supporting data protection and accountability in the Cloud, IoT and cloud-based networks.
To support our research activities, we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated
PhD student Security &Trust - Connected, Cooperative, Automated Mobility (m/f/d)
- Perform research and develop new solutions for Trust Management in the Next-Generation CCAM technologies.
- Contribute to new mechanisms for assessing dynamic trust relationship.
- Define a trust model and trust reasoning framework based on which involved entities can establish trust for cooperatively executing safety-critical functions.
- Contribute to the research and development of technologies in the upcoming domain of Connected, Cooperative and Automated Mobility (CCAM).
- Work on real world problems and improve trustworthiness, data protection and accountability of Huawei future’s products and services.
- Being involved in international initiatives including industry groups such as 5GAA, Gaia-X, DIF and Horizon Europe research projects.
- Completed master studies (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, or mathematics;
- Exposure and understanding of data protection and security development technologies;
- Interest /expertise in at least one of the following technology areas:
- Identity Management and Credentials
- Security and Privacy in IoT Devices and Services
- Trust Management in Ubiquitous Computing
- Cloud architectures and technologies, Edge Computing;
- Good understanding and interest in mathematical models and programming paradigms for uncertainty reasoning such as Subjective Logic, Bayesian Networks, Probabilistic Programming, Differentiable Programming or similar;
- Good programming skill in C/C++ and Go language or Python or Java;
- Passion for finding solutions for complex technological issues;
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- Self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your project;
- Fluent in English;
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.