Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
Huawei’s TTE RAMS Lab is a corporate competence center responsible for researching high reliability and high safety architecture as well as technologies for complex system; Our goal is to provide Huawei products with cutting-edge research and advanced technical solutions on intelligent reliability and safety for carrier grade ICT and safety critical systems such as autonomous driving so that our products provide our customers with best user experiences and performance.
The adoption of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in vehicles, such as V2X communication and AI technologies, has created important dependencies between safety and security. Indeed, as first demonstrated by the infamous Jeep attack, attackers can exploit vulnerabilities to cause harm. This means that traditional development separating safety and security are no longer applicable. Moreover, as software updates are performed during the vehicle’s lifetime, the impact of these software updates shall be evaluated to both the safety and security of the vehicle and other road users.
Our team is currently engaged in addressing these problems by developing safety and security co-design methods, workflows and tool-chains around a Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) development process
Now we are looking for an:
Intern for Safety and Security Co-Design for the New Generation Vehicles (m/f/d)
- Support the development of models/meta-models and modeling frameworks for safety and security co-design. Experience with modelling frameworks, such as SysML/UML, Enterprise Architect, and safety risk-analysis techniques, such as HARA, STPA, FMEA, FTA, security risk-analysis techniques, such as TARA, STPA-Sec, Attack Trees, or knowledge of standards such as ISO 26262 and ISO 21434 is a plus.
- Support the integration and evaluation of MBSE workflows for Safety and Security Co-Design, e.g., workflows using Design Space Exploration to find optimal solutions. Previous experience with Security-informed safety is a plus, such as, SAHARA, FMEVA, FACT, STPA-SafSec.
- Support the development of validation and verification techniques for the safety and security of Autonomous Systems. Experience with verification methods, such as testing, simulation-based and formal verification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or related areas
- Experience with modelling frameworks, such as SysML/UML, Enterprise Architect, and safety risk-analysis techniques, such as HARA, STPA, FMEA, FTA, security risk-analysis techniques, such as TARA, STPA-Sec, Attack Trees, or knowledge of standards such as ISO 26262 and ISO 21434 is a plus.
- Experience with verification methods, such as testing, simulation-based and formal verification is a plus.
- Previous experience with Security-informed safety is a plus, such as, SAHARA, FMEVA, FACT, STPA-SafSec.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.