Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Digital Power Business Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as data centers, PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Research Engineer (m/f/d)
High-reliability gate dielectric, low-cost and low-defect-density substrate and Epitaxial layer, novel high performance device structures, and lifetime evaluation of SiC MOSFET.
Low defect-density material growth technology, the degradation and failure mechanism of GaN devices, GaN monolithic integration technology, advanced GaN package solution, and lifetime evaluation of GaN HEMT.
- High reliability, high power density packaging tech:
High reliability encapsulation tech (Epoxy Mold Compound), novel coating material before encapsulation process, low thermal resistance packaging tech, the Pb-free and Gold-free multi-reflow solder system, and the optimized structure design and material selection of SiC module
- Embedded component package in high power field:
A competitive structure design, and encapsulation material selection
- You hold a PhD degree or pursuing currently a PhD in the field of wide-bandgap semiconductor or any equivalent degree program in software, computer science, automatism, or similar relevant field
- Target-oriented, structure thinking, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box
- Occasional travel related to ongoing projects
- You are fluent in English in written and spoken (working language), additional languages are a plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.