Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
Now we are looking for a:
(Principal) Senior Network Architect - PhD (m/f/d)
As a network expert of HUAWEI CLOUD, you will build and lead a team that is responsible for reliable operation, research and engineering, and evolution of data center networks. You will be part of the Ultra-scale AIOps Lab and the Computing and Network Innovation Lab. These teams are entrusted with developing new innovative key solutions for HUAWEI CLOUD. You will take systematic approaches to solve operation problems, dissect how large-scale, complicated systems work, and feel a great satisfaction from making continuous improvements. You will partner with a wide diversity of teams working in the networking space to set strategic direction and build the next generation of networking systems. This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility.
- Own, innovate and create solutions that drive improvements to the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of data centers
- Propose new ideas and concepts to support self-driving networks
- Work with AI/ML researchers and engineers to develop new tools for network performance analysis, anomaly detection, root cause analysis and verification
- Collaborate cross-functionally in close partnership with product group leads to guide product engineering to build efficient, reliable, and durable networking systems
- Manage, lead and grow a team of network researchers and engineers
- PhD in computer science or other related disciplines
- Strong expertise in designing, building and operating large-scale networks
- Experience with global service providers or hyper-scale networks
- Experience leading research, engineering, delivery, capacity management, operations, and/or enhancement of industry leading network solutions
- Familiar with the overall architecture of public cloud networks
- Knowledge of network analysis and verification, monitoring, and robust troubleshooting skills
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.