Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
To drive automation and reliability, we are seeking a Ph.D. student in the area of network verification to join the Ultra-scale AIOps Lab and the Computing and Network Innovation Lab which is distributed across Munich, Dublin, and Shenzhen Research Centers. This team is entrusted with developing key new innovative solutions for Huawei Cloud. You will take systematic approaches to solve operation problems, dissect how large-scale, complicated systems work, and feel a great satisfaction from making continuous improvements.
Now we are looking for a:
PhD Student in Cloud Datacenter Networks (m/f/d)
Research areas include but are not limited to:
- AI-driven Cloud Operations
- Planet-scale distributed systems
- Applied Machine Learning for predictive software maintenance
- Contribute with systems to the future generation of AIOps for networks and Intent-Based Networks
- Help implement new ideas and concepts to support self-driving networks
- Work with AI/ML researchers/engineers to develop new tools for network performance analysis, anomaly detection, root cause analysis and network verification
- Navigate the landscape of existing literature in the area of network verification
- Write Patents, papers, and deliver Proof-Of-Concepts (PoCs)
- Master in computer science or other related disciplines
- Experience/knowledge of working in networking environments
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Experience with automation via bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python/Java programming
- Experience working within a Linux environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.