Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Digital Power Business Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies and Automotive Systems. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Technical Expert in Power Semiconductor Device (Si MOSFET) (m/f/d)
- Act as a technical authority and expert on Power Semiconductor Device (Si MOSFET), accountable for technical decisions and technical delivery on projects, working closely with technical leads
- Accountable for technical solutions, deliverables and risk management to meet long-term business goals
- Defines technology based critical success factors, provides high-level direction and significant input to proposals
- Take ownership over understanding client requirements and drivers and foresee technical challenges, successfully interacting with clients both technically and commercially
- Define power semiconductor product planning, project design, application and reliability evaluation
- Define construction of power semiconductor design platform, including device layout design, TCAD simulation, and bench testing and reliability evaluation platform. Provide necessary training for key personnel
- Participate in the technical and trend analysis of the new generation power semiconductors
- Lead and deliver research projects on time and with high-quality, and complete the entire research project development with related team members
- You hold a Master’s University Degree in Power Electronics / Semiconductor Physics or a similar related field, a PhD degree in Power Electronics / Semiconductor Physics or in any related field is a plus
- In depth working experience in power semiconductor device development
- Deep understanding on power semiconductor material, device design, process development, reliability, and failure analysis
- Have successful experience on power semiconductor product development and production and experience on power semiconductor product chain management
- Design and production experience on power semiconductor devices, especially Si Power MOSFET from 25V to 650V
- Good teamwork ability and communication skills
- Very good English skills in written and spoken (working language), German language skills are a plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.