Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
Our team’s mission is to develop new intelligent systems and tools aimed at SRE and cloud operators to enable them to quickly detect and repair anomalies. We analyze telemetry data from Huawei Cloud to detect glitches which impact customers, identify their root cause within seconds, and automatically fix problems, when possible.
Now we are looking for a:
Research Engineer in Cloud Datacenter Networks (m/f/d)
- Contribute with systems to the future generation of AIOps for networks and Intent-Based Networks
- Take engineering approach to network verification involving Network modelling, static and dynamic analysis
- Help implement new ideas and concepts to support self-driving networks
- Work with AI/ML researchers/engineers to develop new tools for network performance analysis, anomaly detection, root cause analysis and network verification
- Develop new tools using cutting edge technology focusing on efficiency and automation
- Bachelor/Master or PhD in computer science or other related disciplines
- Understanding of network management and operation
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with/knowledge of the overall architecture of public cloud networks
- Great coding skills, prototype development
- Experience with automation via bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python/Java programming
- Experience working within a Linux environment
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.