Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
There is a team focusing on Geoinformatics technologies, including but not limited to Remote Sensing, Computer Vision, GIScience, Photogrammetry, and Big Data. The vision of the team is researching next generation maps technologies. And the mission is addressing the challengeable scientific and technical questions when building high geometric and semantic quality, high definition, multi-dimensional, and real time dataset.
Now we are looking for a:
PhD Student - POI Detection and Interpretation from Street View imagery (m/f/d)
- Research and develop POI target detection algorithms from street view imagery.
- Research and develop OCR in the natural scene algorithms to support POI semantic information extraction.
- Conflate extracted POI information with additional semantical information from web resources.
- Research and develop POI detection and interpretation performance assessment methodologies.
- Design, implement and maintain the POI detection and interpretation processing pipeline.
- Publish high quality research papers, technical reports, and patents on impactful scientific journal and conferences.
- MSs in Computer Vision, Remote Sensing, GIScience, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline and relevant work experience.
- Proficient in at least one major compiled programming language like C, C++, Java, Python, etc., and common tools like shell, git.
- Proficient in at least one deep learning framework like Tensorflow, Pytorch, or Mindspore, and have solid professional knowledge in deep learning.
- Practical experiences with the creation of an own machine learning model.
- Individual and team work, excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.