Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
Now we are looking for a Senior Kernel/Hypervisor Researcher (m/f/d) in Dresden
- Rapid prototyping of innovative features in mainstream hypervisors (e.g., KVM/QEMU, Xen), and cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, OpenStack)
- As a member of our Cloud BU IaaS team lead the software architecture, design, and implementation of the next-generation of virtualization and VM emulator technologies and the cloud services built around them
- Define the overall cloud architecture, from the services down to the platform, and draft the design specifications. Break down the requirements to single layers and identify the key performance targets to ensure the compliance of design and implementation.
- Plan the software technology and collaboration strategy, lead the selection, adoption, and participation of relevant industry standards, and formulate a technology roadmap that forms the basis for a highly competitive product portfolio.
- Clarify the software requirements with the relevant parties, guide the entire prototyping, make decisions about the realization of the designed key technical solutions, and participate and provide guidance to the team.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Sciences or other related disciplines
- Strong experience with at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Go, Java or Python
- Strong experience with Linux Kernel and virtualization development
- Strong experience with one of the following cloud computing virtualization platforms: Amazon AWS (Nitro), Microsoft Azure(Hyper-V), Google GCP or OpenStack
- Familiar with the principles and implementation of mainstream virtualization technologies such as KVM, Xen, VMware under both X86 and ARM architecture
- Familiar with mainstream server CPU architectures and memory/storage technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-work spirit, and cross-domain leadership
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.