Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Digital Power Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as data centers, PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Principal Engineer in the field of EV charging station (m/f/d)
- Explore new technologies in the Electric Vehicle charging industry in Europe. Identify and define system requirements with internal customers and build key technology capabilities for future products and solutions of Huawei
- Participate in the activities of European Electric Vehicle charging standards organizations and be familiar with the standards of super-charging, fast-charging, home-charging, and OCPP standards etc.
- Lead and execute R&D projects for automotive charging systems and charging modules. Based on the understanding of WBG semiconductor devices, magnetic material, generate new system concepts, topologies, algorithms, contribute to high density, high efficiency, reliable power converter design
- Lead the design and subsequent test and verification activities of Power Converter systems in the R&D laboratories and be in charge of the documentation of R&D activities and results
- Work with external R&D Institutes and Universities on collaboration projects for developing novel high power density, high efficiency converter and associated control algorithms for relevant applications of Huawei Digital Power Business
- Participation in international conferences and exhibitions of the Power Electronics community in the field of EV charging. As well as representing Huawei for external communications
- You either hold a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or a PhD degree in Power Electronics / Electrical or Electronic Engineering with profound experience in Power Converter research and development
- Proven track record of experiences and expertise in development of AC/DC or DC/DC Power Electronic Converter and deep knowledge of their topologies, modulation and control algorithm
- Good theoretical understanding of basic Power Electronic Converter principles, WBG semiconductor devices & packaging, and magnetic components
- Highly interested in innovative solutions and technologies and proven experiences in technical leadership of R&D activities
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability and willing to learn new knowledge and assume new responsibilities
- Occasional travel to Huawei China for internal communications and cooperations
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language), any other language skills in German, Chinese or any other language are a plus
- Good working knowledge in one or some of these software tools:
- MatLab & Simulink, PLECS, Spice, Simetrix
- Circuit Studio, Ansys(Maxwell, Q3D), Altium
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.