Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The European Intellectual Property (IP) Department is a full-function IPR Department responsible for all intellectual property matters in Europe for Huawei. It supports protection of cutting-edge technologies generated by Huawei’s talented researchers in 26 Research and Development Centers in Europe, Russia, and Israel, as well as other aspects of portfolio management, including but not limited to patent prosecution, litigation, licensing, and other business cooperation.
We are currently looking for a Senior IP Counsel (m/f/d)
- Supporting localizing global monetarization strategy in EU, including licensing, litigation, cooperation and other related activities.
- Refining team’s professional capacities and coordinating with relevant stakeholders and outside lawyers and experts to maximize monetarization outcomes.
- Supporting implementation of Huawei’s global patent portfolio management strategy in Europe and improving quality of Huawei’s European patent portfolio, including preparing, filing, and prosecuting of patent applications, in close cooperation with inventors, in-house colleagues and outside counsels.
- Reviewing and evaluating invention disclosures, claim charts, and patent applications/patents for commercialization.
- Liaising and coordinating with EU stakeholders and outside counsels/experts in implementing case specific and long-term IP litigation, licensing, and monetarization strategy.
- University degree or equivalent in telecommunication, computer science, physics or a closely related field.
- Qualification as German lawyer with 5-8 years’ experience as in-house legal counsel or as lawyer in a law firm, with successful multi-jurisdictional patent litigation experiences.
- English as working language with written and oral communication skills in German preferred.
- Eligibility to work in the European Union and ready to travel internationally.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.