Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions, provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to developing the future of information society and building a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design, and strategic engineering of our products.
Precision Optics Engineering Laboratory focuses on diffractive optical technologies and on making a breakthrough in architecture design for optics modules. At the same time, this laboratory is responsible for the feasibility study of innovation concepts.
Now we are looking for a:
Technical Expert Lead of Precision Optics Engineering Laboratory (m/f/d)
- You are the technical expert lead in the Precision Optics Engineering Lab to decide the lab research directions and work responsibilities
- Organize the team to develop next-generation optical modules, including novel optical components, which could be used in HUD, sensors, display, etc.
- Guide the team members and cooperate with HQ to develop optical simulation software
- Analyze novel optical technology challenges and opportunities, and propose competitive solutions
- Work with product and research colleagues to define future product features to cooperate to obtain breakthrough prototypes
- Master Degree in Applied Optics or Optical Engineering, Ph.D. Degree is desirable
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience
- Be sensitive to the cut-edge technologies and organize the team members to analyze it
- Knowledge in multicultural, dynamic project management and external stakeholder management
- Be familiar with a programming language, eg. C/C++, Python, Qt, etc.
- Fabrication experience/ knowledge of diffractive components as a plus
- Be familiar with optical simulation software, such as Zemax, VirtualLab, etc.
- Experienced and deep understanding of diffractive and holographic devices
- Fluent English language skills
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated, and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic about shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.