Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
There is a team focusing on Geoinformatics technologies, including but not limited to Remote Sensing, Computer Vision, GIScience, Photogrammetry, and Big Data. The vision of the team is researching next generation maps technologies. And the mission is addressing the challengeable scientific and technical questions when building high geometric and semantic quality, high definition, multi-dimensional, and real time dataset.
Now we are looking for a:
Intern - Map Data Building Algorithms Research and Development (m/f/d)
- Lane level road network elements understanding (traffic line detection, traffic type recognition, traffic signs detection and recognition) from street view imagery
- Junction detection and traffic elements (number of lanes, turning direction of lane, and crosswalk) of junction recognition from aerial imagery
- Road network extraction from spatial-temporal trajectory data
- Map matching (multi-source road network matching, matching between trajectory data and road network)
- Road network topology reconstruction
Responsibilities - select a topic above to:
- Investigate literature and review the SOTA algorithms.
- Implement prototype of the best SOTA algorithm and make quantitative evaluation.
- Analyze the issues of the best baseline SOTA algorithm and improve it.
- You are currently registered in a University in GI Science, Data Science, Remote Sensing, Computer Science, or any other similar fields
- Proficient in at least one major compiled programming language like C, C++, Java, Python, etc., and common tools like shell, git
- Have work or research experience in machine learning, computer vision, or geospatial data processing
- Individual and team work, excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken (working language)
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.