Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
(Senior) Power Electronics Research Engineer (m/f/d)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and refine needs and formulate system requirements in Solar, Datacenter power supply and Battery Energy Storage
- Support in technology roadmap development for next generation PV, Datacenter power supply and Battery Energy Storage architecture and converter structures
- Lead and execute the research and development of novel PV, Datacenter power supply and Battery Energy Storage architecture and converter topologies
- Lead the design and subsequent verification and validation of converter concepts in the R&D laboratories
- Work with external R&D institutes and Universities in developing novel converter and control algorithms for power electronic applications relevant to Huawei Network Energy
- Generate novel ideas and protect them with IPR fillings
- Mentor and coach less experienced staff members
- You hold or pursue a PhD degree in the field of power electronics / electrical and electronic engineering or in power converter research & development
- Deep expertise in power electronic converter topologies, modulation, control and algorithm development
- Good theoretical understanding of basic power electronic converter principles and multi-level converters, magnetic component designs, power semiconductor devices such as wide bandgap devices, and power converter control
- Proven experience with new technology development initiatives and innovation as well as publications in reputed journals
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style, “can do” attitude, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box
- Occasional travel related to ongoing projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English, willingness to learn German, additional languages are a plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.