Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Digital Power Business Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as data centers, PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer UPS Power Electronics (m/f/d)
- Support in technology roadmap development for next generation UPS architecture and converter structures
- Lead and execute the research and development of novel UPS architecture and converter topologies
- Lead the design and subsequent verification and validation of converter concepts in the R&D laboratories
- Work with external R&D institutes and Universities in developing novel converter and control algorithms for power electronic applications relevant to Huawei Network Energy
- Generate novel ideas and protect them with IPR fillings
- Support technical communication with European customers
- You hold a PhD or Master degree in power electronics / electrical, electronic engineering (or similar) field, with profound experience in power converter research & development in the UPS domain
- Strong expertise in power electronic converter topologies, modulation, control and algorithm development preferably in UPS or similar applications
- Good theoretical understanding of basic power electronic converter principles and multi-level converters, magnetic component designs, power semiconductor devices such as wide Bandgap devices
- Proven experience with new technology development initiatives and innovation as well as publications in reputed Journals
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style, “can do” attitude, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box
- Fluent in English written and spoken and ready for occasional business travels related to ongoing projects
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English!