Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
Now we are looking for a:
Robotics Research Intern (m/f/d)
Track 1：Robot manipulation
- Contact aware object manipulation
- Reinforcement learning for robot manipulation
- Bridging reality gap for robot manipulation
- Deformable object manipulation
Track 2：Computer vision
- Lifelong 3D Lidar SLAM that caters for automatic change detection and map updates
- Building robust SFM pipeline to create a sparse feature map and estimate camera poses
- Research and develop efficient large scale NeRFs for localization, real to sim transfer or novel content/fly through video creation by combining visual SLAM/SFM pipelines
- Camera-based perception, robotic scene understanding
- Sim2real transfer, domain adaptation, semantic segmentation
Track 3：Simulation technology
- Robot simulation, environment model handling, sensor model etc
- Physics simulation, e.g. FEM, SPH
- Simulation-based data generation
- Photorealistic rendering, e.g Blender, Unreal, Unity, O3DE
- Currently enrolled in BSc or MSc in robotics, simulation, computational engineering science, computer graphics, computer science, physics, information technologies or other related disciplines
- If you are already doing your Ph.D. study, you can also apply for this position
- Experience in at least one of the above tracks
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.