Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Digital Power Business Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as data centers, PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer in Semiconductor Power Gate Driver Design & ICs (m/f/d)
- Responsible for design and development of gate drivers for power semiconductor devices and for the design documentation and review
- Develop and execute design strategies and plans (according to cost, time and resources) based on customer requirements or product and technology innovation
- You will be the technical lead of multidisciplinary design teams within the projects
- Lead problem-solving teams and collaborate closely with colleagues in operations as well as business division functions to correct deviations
- Ensure hardware solutions and detailed technical design, schematic and PCB design according to technical specifications
- You hold a Master degree in Electrical Engineering or in a similar field, a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering would be a plus
- Profound experience in the semiconductor industry or in a similar technical environment and in the field of gate driver design and ICs
- Experience in Semiconductor Power Device Compact Model development, calibration and interfacing with measurements extraction for model calibration
- Extensive Knowledge in analog and power electronics and physics of semiconductor devices and in analog layout and parasitic component understanding
- Experience in lab bench characterization, pre-silicon and post-silicon verification and production support
- Solid knowledge of EDA design tools and Cadence design environment
- Extensive experience with IC Design tools and circuit simulators like Spectre, Simetrix, Spice, LTSpice etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English (working language) and preferably also in German
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.