Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
For the Privacy Team of Huawei’s European Research Center (ERC) in Munich, we are currently looking for a
(Senior) Data Scientist for Privacy Enhancing Technologies (m/f/d)
- With your AI/data science knowledge, work together with privacy experts to design and develop privacy preserving AI solutions with high utility and strong privacy protection (e.g. privacy-preserving ML algorithms).
- Track the trends of AI technologies and analyze the impact on privacy protection.
- Design, develop, (empirically) evaluate, and optimize proofs of concepts and software prototypes of related technologies for Huawei products.
- Improve state-of-the-art solutions and participate in the transfer of theoretic research concepts into cutting edge technologies for future Huawei products.
- Evaluate the practicability of Privacy Enhancing AI Technologies for different scenarios in terms of functionality, utility, overhead, Security, Privacy, and risk. Promote and motivate the most suiting technologies.
- Work together with other research teams and communicate results in conferences, workshops, and journals.
- Master in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or other domain-related disciplines with above average grades, preferably with a doctor’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience or PhD degree in Machine Learning/AI and Big Data research and development.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras.
- Experience with Big Data Technology like MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated skills of programming in Python, Java or other high level languages.
- High interest and solid skills in algorithm development, optimization, and empirical performance assessment.
- Experiences of applying (NLP-based) AI techniques to identify sensitive information and semi-automatically apply protection to achieve privacy compliance requirements are a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Privacy Enhancing Technologies is a plus.
- High interest in bridging theory and practice.
- A strong publication record is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, can-do-attitude, team-work-spirit, and independent working capabilities are required.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.